The network will aim to:
- increase the research excellence of the host organisation,
- integrate results of ongoing research,
- facilitate progress beyond the actual individual possibilities,
- advance the research activities of all partners, through a joint and mutually fruitful collaboration.
- To promote the close cooperation and twinning actions for upgrading and boosting human potential in the field of modeling and simulations dedicated to x-ray breast imaging.
- To increase the local research capacity through interactions with highly qualified human resources.
- To disseminate the results of the project to the scientific community.
- To create a platform for shared resources: databases of clinical and computer modeled breast tumour data, as well as mammographic x-ray imaging systems: software applications and clinical systems, standardized approaches to be used for comparative evaluation and data exchange. To agree on a coordinated strategy of research in this field and avoid duplication of work.
- To establish the basis for future long-term sustainable collaborative research, training and development actions including joint European and national funded research projects.
The achievement of these specific objectives will guarantee the accomplishing the overall goal of the action.